Social Media Analytics and Research Testbed
SMART Dashboard is a Geo-Targeted search tool for Twitter messages to monitor the diffusion of information and social behavior changes which provides an automatic procedure to help researchers to:
(1) search geographically in cities.
(2) filter noises (such as removing redundant retweets and using machine learning methods to improve precisions)
(3) analyze social media data from a spatiotemporal perspective
(4) visualize social media data in various aspects (such as weekly and monthly trends, top URLs, top retweets, top mentions, or top hashtags).
SMART Dashboard Examples:
- Tracking Ebola in Africa and U.S. cities (Geo-targeted search):http://vision.sdsu.edu/hdma/smart/ebola
- Ovarian Cancer News (Global search):http://vision.sdsu.edu/hdma/smart/cancer_news_story
- Marijuana Legalization (Global search):http://vision.sdsu.edu/hdma/smart/marijuana
- AAG 2015 Meeting (Global search):http://vision.sdsu.edu/hdma/smart/aag2015
If you are interested in learning more about the tools created by the Center for HDMA, subscribe to our YouTube channel for tutorials and demos.